Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birchbox September

September's BB theme was Heritage and they focused on brand history. September also happens to be Birchbox's anniversary month (3 years!) so they do have an video to share that celebrates customer stories.
 
Also included was a little card with a discount code for 30% off of anything from the Customer Favorites Shop! 

I got a little excited when I saw this cute, red, heart shaped card from Jouer about finding the right red lipstick. I was assuming that I had gotten a lipstick as well, but that was not the case. I guess everyone got one of these in their box??


Here's what the contents look like... 
I had marked the option in my profile that I didn't like fragrances in my box- this is the first fragrance I have received since checking that and let me tell you, it *STANKS*!! The little spray bottle had actually come loose from the card and I could smell it as soon as I started unwrapping. 


Description card of the contents


BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre- Eeew. This will be going to my perfume loving sister.

COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face- I almost purchased this over the summer BEFORE I went to the beach, but instead I just took the other two COOLA samples I had received with me (the Rose tinted one and the regular face one in the cucumber scent). So, I was happy I got this, but really bummed on the timing, because I live in the mountains and it's basically already Fall here. The pools have been closed and I've already taken my vacation...

Ojon Restorative Lash Treatment and Mascara Duo- I'm almost certain that this is a full size sample, which is really nice. But, I'm really not sure what a "restorative" treatment is supposed to be about. I tried this out already and it did seem to go on nicely and made my lashes look full. And, now that I think of it, I kind of remember using something from Loreal years ago that was a duo where you applied the white mascara first then followed with the black.

RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt- this is the orange shade, not something I would typically pick out for myself (I am more of a classics kind of gal), but the orange is nice for Fall. I'm just really happy that I didn't get that AWFUL purple shade!!

VOESH New York Lemon Pedicure Scrub- This little packet looks like it could do both feet and boy, oh boy, do my feet need it! I did find it a little humorous that the package states on the front "for professional use only".

I was headed to a soccer practice so I applied the COOLA instead of a bb cream. I'm also wearing the Ojon mascara here, a lipstick & eye liner from my Sep. Ipsy bag.

Birchbox is $10/month. Interested in signing up? You can earn points on your product reviews and friend referrals that can be used toward the purchase of full size products!

No comments:

Post a Comment