Thursday, October 3, 2013

Testing, Testing: ELDW


During my visit to the department store, I saw a friend who works the Estée Lauder counter. We chatted and I told her my skin care problems and she was so kind to recommend their Double Wear formula and give me a decent sized sample. I was matched for the color Sand- again, I thought I would be a lighter shade, but maybe that's where I've been going wrong in drugstore bases.

Now, when I think if Estée Lauder, I don't picture a younger female, such as myself. That brand screams old lady to me. Rich, old, snooty lady. I have no idea why. 


 
Anywho, being as my friends face/makeup looked brilliant and she seemed to be quite educated on the EL products and skincare, I am testing her sample today- today when I am safely at home until a soccer match this evening. 

I've photographed myself immediately after applying the ELDW and then in intervals afterwards. 

I thought I would use my fingertips to apply this foundation as I had read somewhere that it was hard to blend, but after a few initial strokes, I knew I would end up using way too much if I didn't switch to a brush. 

So, here we have initial application. Oh, and look over my nose (and my hair! it is not styled!)-- I'm out of contacts and been having to wear my glasses so now I have those indentions going on... Ugh. 
My face appears to have a
sheen, but I swear it was not oily!
Two hours later

Still not much difference, ELDW
seems to be holding up
well
And finally, 8.5 hours later

Unfortunately, at the end of the
day & sitting out in the semi-hot sun at
a ballgame, my forehead, nose, & part of my cheeks
are quite oily. You can't tell, but somehow my chin held up
rather nicely.
Now, I will say, I was quite pleased with the way the ELDW applied and the way it looked immediately after. However, this is what the description of the product on the Estee Lauder website:
15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.
This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.
Won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes.
Feels lightweight and comfortable.
Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.

It DID feel lightweight & comfortable, did not change color or come off on my clothes, although I did notice some on my glasses, but in no way did I keep the morning look all day. Which is quite a bummer...Apparently, the ratings on this product (and I'm just going by their website) have went from 5 stars down to 3 stars since they have "re-formulated".

Have you used any of Estee Lauder foundations or powders? If so, do you have a favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment