Friday, November 1, 2013

Ipsy September

I am sooooo late on this--- this is the second month in a row I've almost forgotten about posting on the contents of my Ipsy bag.
 
Anywho, September's theme was Classic Beauty and just by looking through my Ipsy Room, it seems like there were 14 different products you could have received in the September bag. There was a cute little card that had the classic beauty woman on one side, and this month's brands with their discounts listed on the other. And the bag this month was a mid-blue with a classic black pattern. Definitely a step up from last month's teeny bopper bag!


Here's what the contents of my bag looked like:
 
*Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil (everyone got this shade)
*Nyx Single Eye Shadow in shade Cryptonite
*Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
*J.Catt Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in shade HoneyCrisp (everyone got this shade)
*Freeman Beauty set of 3 Paper Facial Masks
 
I've had the time to try out a few of the products-- I was excited to get a kohl pencil, as I do not own one & thought they were supposed to be used for lining the waterline, but this was from Starlooks was a bust! The pencil does have a nice, dark color, but I can barely get it to transfer to my eyelid without multiple attempts, much less my waterline. The J.Catt lipstick is rather strange too. And, from what I've read, I'm not the only one who thinks so. The Honeycrisp shade that everyone received is supposed to be a nude color- it is, but it's so nude that it almost blends in completely with my skin. The biggest downfall though, is the lack of moisture it provides. Not long after applying this, my lips had just enough cracking in them to draw attention (in a bad way!).
 
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that delivers a variety of products to your door for only $10 per month. Interested in signing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment