Thursday, January 30, 2014

Birchbox 2014 January

January's theme is Go Time! BB is not taking the resolution route, and is instead saying you can have more (or all!) and they have included some cards with motivational quotes to give you a kick when needed.
(Excuse the photos- Cloudy days+Phone camera= Not so great pics!)

You can see I DID get the tea everyone has been complaining about. I'm not mad, as I am a tea drinker (although I would have rather tried some cool chocolates!), but I do take my tea with sugar and milk, which just doesn't "go" with fancy tea flavors.... 

I have already tested the Klorane dry shampoo and was so happy to get this as I have been recommended to wash my hair every other day, and I am in love!! This is the BEST dry shampoo I have ever used hands down. It actually makes my hair look cleaner without using a ton of product and there is no visible white spray squirting out into my hair. I'm not crazy about the smell, but I can get over that and will definitely be purchasing this in full size. 

The 100% Pure packets say Restorative Cream on them and the best I can figure are for the body. However, when I logged into my BB account, I was actually supposed to have received the 100% Pure Eye Cream, so their customer service has already sent those samples out to me, although I have yet to receive them.


Close up of the Benetint. This is an open bottle that I received from a different beauty sub service. It is rather small, but I've been using this size for several months, so for a free sample, it ends up being pretty generous. Benetint is a cheek and lip stain. I like it better for my cheeks since I don't find it terribly long lasting on the lips when eating/drinking. Also, it tends to dry my lips out a tad... But, stellar product nonetheless!

The Nail Rock is a new concept on me. Polish is included to paint your nails and then you dip your wet nails into the provided texture pot (mine is velvet) and have to let them dry for 20 minutes! Oh man! 20 minutes with kids?! Not sure if this is gonna be possible ;) but, there are different finishes available on the BB website if you like the look/have that luxury of free time (lucky you).

What do you think? Would you like to try these? Or have you already?

Be sure to check out Birchbox. They frequently have contests/giveaways, send out promotional emails, and post fun tutorials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment