Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This or That- Shave Cream

Several boxes ago, Birchbox sent me a sample of Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in the Blueberry scent. This was a small sample, but it smelled AMAZING. Seriously. I have never smelled a shaving product that good before. So, naturally I rationed it out by only using it on my underarms. That magic cream even allowed my dull razor to glide over my skin with no problems. And the smell... did I mention how good it smelled?! Even after applying deoderant and being at work for hours, I could still get a whiff of those blueberries. Insane.

                    
The Whish cream is available in Blueberry, Almond, Coconut, Lavender, Lemongrass, and Pomegranate scents.  It boasts being made in the US with eco friendly products and full of moisturizers to protect and soften skin. This is not a traditional shave cream, but more of a shave lotion as it does not poof/foam up. I love that!

Alas, when I looked at the product on Birchbox to see about purchasing, I was really letdown. $20 for shaving cream. The full size states 150ml. But, I just can't justify spending $20 on some shave lotion considering how much I spend on other beauty products.

*******************************************************************************

So, I went on the search for a more wallet friendly version, and this is the closest thing I have found.

                       Pomegranate Raspberry Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream from Evolution of Smooth

 eos Ultra Moisturizing Shaving Cream. Again, this is not a traditional shave cream, but more of a lotion. eos states that you get 24 hours of moisture every time you shave and that their formula is so moisturizing that you can shave wet or dry. Now, I can't attest to that, because I would never attempt to dry shave... But, it does great shaving wet! I've been using it on the underarms and it conditions just as well as the Whish shave cream.

You can also see that the bottle has these neat little indentions that help you to grip it while your hands are wet. The eos formulas comes in Vanilla Bliss, Pomegranate Raspberry (my favorite), Lavender Jasmine, and a Sensitive Fragrance Free version. They smell fantastic, but I don't think the fragrances are as long lasting as the Whish creams. eos is Paraben and Phthalate free and comes in a recyclable bottle that DOES NOT leave a rust ring in your shower! Awesome! Oh, and the price is around $3.50 for a 7 oz bottle.

Have you tried either of these? Would you ever spend $20 on shave cream??

No comments:

Post a Comment