Friday, May 17, 2013

May Birchbox

Birchbox is another beauty sampling service that I subscribe to monthly, but it differs from Ipsy because it also includes "lifestyle" products. In the past, those have ranged from a nail file, and detergent pods to tea bags and some really cool chocolates that had some kind of hot peppers mixed in.

I do want to add that Birchbox now has an option in the beauty profile to check as to whether you want to receive less perfume samples. Since I am extremely picky about fragrance, I did choose this option.

Each month always has a theme and this May's was "Beauty Diaries".



I received 5 products in this month's box, four of them being beauty items and one being an "extra" item.
Pilot Corporation of America Acroball PureWhite Pen-I know a lot of people complained about receiving an ink pen, but that's totally fine with me because I'm always on the lookout for a good writing pen (and generally people steal those!), however, I received a pink one in my box so that kind of knocks me out of using it at work...

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner-Soft, waxy, eyeliner pencil, comes in 7 different shades, $11 each. I received the color Raina, which is a navy blue.


Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle-Paraben and Sulfate free detangler that seals the cuticles while moisturizing, minimizing frizz, safeguarding color, and adding shine. Also protects against UV rays and heat. $21.95 for an 8oz size.

Folle de Joie eau de parfum-Calming citrus, light woodsy floral, hints of cognac,jasmine and Damascenia rose, along with warm base notes of spicy woods and rich leather. $98 for 3.4oz size. This is the FIRST fragrance sample from BB that I have ever liked! And I've been with them for awhile, over two years I think. So, I'm actually a little bummed that the full size of this is that expensive because even though I am picky on my scents I do like to mix them up. I really don't know if I can justify spending that much on one bottle :(

COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face- 70 percent organic ingredients that protect from UVA and UVB rays with a cucumber scent. This sunscreen starts working right away and features  vitamin C-rich strawberry extracts to soothe and tone lackluster skin. Age-reversing antioxidants like evening primrose, acai, and linseed oils deflect free radicals, while naturally water-resistant plankton makes the formula extra-durable. $32 for a 1.7 oz size. I'm really excited about this one, even though I've not tried it yet. I do not tan and try to protect myself and my girls from sun damage for health reasons. I'm not sure how the moisturizing formula will react to my face since I have oily skin, but I did notice that the COOLA brand also offers a matte version for the face so that might be something I'll check into.

At first I was really bummed with this box because there was a blush from Cargo and a lip plumper gloss that I really wanted to try. But upon closer inspection, there's actually some really cool items in here.

If Birchbox seems like something you would like to sign up for and start sampling, here is my referral link https://www.birchbox.com?raf=t4gr9
 

No comments:

Post a Comment