Thursday, May 30, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects Cleanser

I received a nice sample tube of the Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away! cleanser in the mail a few days ago. I have super oily skin so I was really eager to try this. I also want to add that I use Cetaphil (at the recommendation of both my PCP and my dermatologist) on a daily basis and I also have this nice scrub from True Blue Spa that is great for exfoliating so I use it two or three times a week- it's called Supremely Smoothing Face Scrub with Apricot & White Tea. Love those!

Anywho, apparently there is a whole line of the Olay Fresh Effects and you can see a preview of their line from the info card they sent along with my sample.

The Shine, Shine Go Away! cleanser states that you can get "the purifying power of a mask that lathers and rinses like a daily cleanser". This formula is supposed to remove twice the amount of dirt, oil, and makeup vs. basis cleaning (I'm not really sure what they mean by basic cleaning... Do they mean just using water? Idk), boasts a deep cleaning action for fresh feeling, and also has kaolin clay to lift away impurities and minimize shine.

The cleanser definitely smells good to me. I am not a fan of strong fragrances at all and this smells light and almost has a hint of citrus and maybe herbs. I'm not sure but it's fresh smelling to me. When I first squirted it out on my hand I really thought it was going to be thick and hard to work with like a mask due to the odd silvery color, but it's actually quite smooth and creamy.

I used this cleanser last night to wash my face before bed and two hours after I had washed there was still ZERO shine. For me that is awesome! However, I did use the cleanser this morning and I am wearing a full face of makeup today. It's been five hours since I did cleanse and there is a small amount of shine to my face. So, I will have to retest on a "no makeup" day. As of right now, I feel like this item has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment