Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips


Even though the Baby Lips Pink Punch is for my daughter, I still wanted to try it out. After she did first of course! And it did look totally cute on her and she gushed about how smooth it was and honestly she has no prior knowledge of these products at all. However, I was kind of bummed after I used it. I do agree, it did smell good and all and did feel smooth, but that color was total uck on me! Way, way too pink- like bubblegummy pepto pink on me. I know it's a little hard to tell from this pic... but really it was. Also, I found this one to be rather goopy on me.


I also picked up another Baby Lips. The one I chose for me was Cherry Me. I've actually been looking for some lip products with SPF for an upcoming vacation and upon going through my stash, I have realized that I really don't have anything that fits the bill. I do have a mark gloss that I previously posted about, but it has a lot of color to it and I could not apply it on the fly, so something more low key is important.

I ended up liking the Cherry Me WAY better. Obviously it smelled of cherry, but it's formula seemed to do better on my lips and not build up. I was a little surprised that it didn't leave more of a reddish color because of the way the Pink Punch did, but this shade was super wearable and was one of those that you hear people talk about-- the "my lips, but better". So yea, I really think this is a winner.



(Excuse the hair, it was clipped up/back
to start on my makeup)
Here you can see them a little better swatched on my hand 


The cherry went on so easily, but the pink just globbed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment